I have gad, im taking Lexapro (escitalopram) 20mg &buspirone 7.5mg, . Can I stop taking meds for 2days to get drunk for 1st time in life? Im 40y, woman. Feeling bad..

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Please don't

I think it would be much better to go see someone and talk about what's going on that you feel so bad.
Stopping those meds suddenly is a bad idea anyway. To do so to get drunk is really a bad idea! using alcohol to treat feeling bad leads to dangerous consequences. It will not help your mood or your anxiety and may cause serious problems. Please call someone now and be seen.

In brief: Please don't

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Kavitha Gudur

In brief: NO

What you might want to do is have a follow up with your doctor and see how your gad therapy can be optimized.
Please do not stop these medicines suddenly or take them with alcohol. Consequences can be serious.

In brief: NO

Dr. Kavitha Gudur
Dr. Kavitha Gudur
Dr. Arnon Rubin