Is Norvasc (amlodipine) safe to take during pregnancy ?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Category C

Norvasc (amlodipine) is in the fda pregnancy category c.
This means that it is not known whether Norvasc (amlodipine) will be harmful to an unborn baby. It certainly should not be taken without talking to your own doctor during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown to cause intrauterine deaths and prolonged gestation at very high doses. Norvasc (amlodipine) has not been shown to cause any birth defects in animal studies.

In brief: Category C

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Norvasc (amlodipine)

Is considered category c by fda.
The research do not found fetal toxicity or teratogenic effects . I would kike to recommend you to discuss benefits and risks with you ob-gyn, and your zdr.

In brief: Norvasc (amlodipine)

Is considered category c by fda.
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Umesh Patel