What should I do if I have a sore throat and it seems to only be on one side, thebehind my right ear. No white spots on my throat, any idea what this is?

Dr. Eddie Cheng

In brief: One-sided sorethroat

You may have infection or abscess in one of your tonsils.
When it gets worse without treatment, you may notice painful swallowing and fever. You should see your doctor for evaluation and treatment, if salt solution gargling fails to give you any relief.

In brief: One-sided sorethroat

Dr. Eddie Cheng
Dr. Eddie Cheng
Dr. Murray Grossan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Need an examination

Pain on one side may be due to a hundred possibilities.
This can only be diagnosed by using special scopes to view the entire areas both above and below the oral cavity. Throat pain can be referred from tmj, brain, neck etc. When it is only one sided and constant, it needs an examination.

In brief: Need an examination

Dr. Murray Grossan
Dr. Murray Grossan
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine