What foods should I avoid if I have diverticulitis and diverticulitis?

Dr. M. Jay Petruska

In brief: Diverticular Disease

Diverticular disease can be less frequent or severe by avoiding foods such as corn, popcorn, nuts and seeds.
These items can get lodged in the pockets in your colon (diverticula) and cause inflammation which could lead to diverticulitis.

In brief: Diverticular Disease

Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Eat Right

Avoid junk food, the "whites": white rice, white flour. Fiber is your friend.
Eat whole grains, lots of fruits and veggies. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Get out and get moving. It's okay to eat seeds, corn and nuts (no studies have shown that these are dangerous).

In brief: Eat Right

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Vicken Poochikian