Do ear infections cause a smell in ears?

Ear infections smell. If you have a fungal or (rare) pseudomonas external ear infection or a middle ear infection with draining of pus into the canal, the material may cause a smell to emanate from the ear. I would have a local ENT look in your ear and possibly clean out your ear(s). You may need to be on antibiotic or antifungal drops.
Yes, swimmer's ear. External ear infection, commonly called swimmer's ear, can produce an odor. Also, if the inner ear infection causes a rupture of the drum and drainage comes to the external canal etc...This can cause odor as well. At times, foreign body such as qtip left in there for awhile can do that as well. If you have concerns, please consult doc... Good luck.
Yes. Ear infection that leads to discharge (pus) has a foul odor! see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment.