The mercury that's in the old time thermometes. If it broke and fell all over the floor. The thermometer doesn't contain enough to harm u right?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Most Likely no harm

I would vacuum the area as well as possible for glass and for mercury, make sure you do a thorough a job as possible and if possible, take any rug out of doors and shake or beat and let that be the end of it.
It is a minimal amount of mercury and therefore difficult to deal with. Main concern would be small children close to the floor. (these were removed from market for this reason).

In brief: Most Likely no harm

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Arnon Rubin