Is it imparitive to test my INR when taking Coumadin (warfarin) with history dvt/pe?

Yes.... The only way to determine whether your dose of Coumadin (warfarin) is therapeutic is to check your pt/inr regularly. You need to be on therapeutic Coumadin (warfarin) to prevent recurrence of dvt/pe.
Yes. It is the only way to tell how thin or thick your blood is on coumadin (warfarin).
Absolutely. Testing you INR is essential. Coumadin (warfarin) won't work if you INR is too low and you could be in danger of serious bleeding if it is too high.