Both of my knees are swollen and painful, my internist cannot give me any nsaids or other med to help because I am on blood thinners and also take ne.?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Ortho consult

An orthopedic surgeon may be able to give you knee injections to help with the pain.

In brief: Ortho consult

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Diagnosis paramount

It fully depends on your diagnosis.
There are over 100 types of arthritis. We need clarification but your options include local injections with care since you are on blood thinner but we do it all of the time. Cox 2 inhibitors like Celebrex (celecoxib) do not interfer with platelet function and are less likely to cause GI side effects and can be used. There is an fda drug category of medical foods: limbr.

In brief: Diagnosis paramount

It fully depends on your diagnosis.
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology