My 8 mos. Son seems to have a physical tick. Moves arms in a short burst of up & down movements. Is there cause for concern? Tourettes? Grow out of?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Tell your doctor

It would be difficult to diagnose a tic at such an early age but let your pediatrician know.

In brief: Tell your doctor

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Baby movements

It's unlikely an 8 mo.
old is showing signs of Tourettes at such an early age. Probably the arm movements relate to some sort of stimulation and that is his way of interacting. I would bring this up with the pediatrician, but I don't think these are tics, & not a cause for concern at this stage. Jerky arm movements could indicate something else - such as seizures, but would have other symptoms.

In brief: Baby movements

It's unlikely an 8 mo.
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Shontae Buffington