Do I need to be put on thyroid meds. Tsh of 7.63, 3.77 & 4.34 btw dec 2011 to mar 2012? I also have low testosterone & sleep apnea.

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: High TSH
Your TSH is slightly high and if it is 7.
63 in dec 2011 and 4.34 in march 2012 then you do not need to take thyroid medicine, it needs to be checked along with T4 ant3 levels.Repeat in three months, you dont need to check every month.

In brief: High TSH
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine
Treating thyroid in both subclinical and overt cases is important to help with health as well as decrease cardiovascular risk.
Studies have shown that optimal TSH is 2.5. Speak with your physician about thyroid replacement.

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Yash Khanna
I agreel that you should consult a physician preferabely an endocrinologist.But the opinion to treat subclinical hypothroidisim with TSH less then 10 is controversial with absence of antithyroid antibodies.You need to havs TSH level along with T4,T3,and antithyroid antibodies..2007 COCHRANE COLLABORATION found there is no benefit of therapy if TSH is below with negative thyroid antibodies
Dr. Vicken Poochikian