Sometimes my chest will hurt so bad I feel like I can't breathe, how can I tell if this is anxiety induced or costochondritis, something i've had befo?

Dr. Michael Zevitz
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Go see a doctor

Only a thorough medical exam, consisting of a thorough history of symptoms, complete physical exam and possibly additional lab and/or imaging tests with a competent physician can determine the precise cause of your symptoms of chest pain.

In brief: Go see a doctor

Dr. Michael Zevitz
Dr. Michael Zevitz
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Chest hurts

Chest pain can be due to many causes.
Left sided chest pain can be due to heart problem and can be associated with difficulty in breathing.It can come from lungs and pleura which is the covering membrane of lungs, it can come from gastr esophageal reflux and of course chondrochondritis and sometime due to anxiety and panick attacks.You should see you doctor and find out what is causing and get treat.

In brief: Chest hurts

Chest pain can be due to many causes.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology