What is the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulitis

Mike Moore

In brief: Your question...

I assume you mean the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulosis.
Diverticulosis is the development is small pouches in the wall of the lower colon. Diverticulitis is the infection of those pouches.

In brief: Your question...

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. David Kwon
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: There is a differenc

I think you are asking the difference between diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
Diverticulosis is a small outpouching of your colon wall secondary to years of pressure on the wall of your colon when you push to have a bowel movement. Diveriticulitis is when these small outpouchings get inflamed from a bacteria working through the wall and causing this inflammation.

In brief: There is a differenc

Dr. David Kwon
Dr. David Kwon