I'm a fit 24 year old and have been 5'6 160lbs since I was 16. Is this too much weight for my height? I've been +/- 5 pounds since then.

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: A bit over
At 5'6" and 160 lbs your bmi is 25.
8, which is a bit over the recommended 24.9 or lower. Your recommended weight range is 115-154 lbs. So by losing 6 lbs you can get down to a bmi of 24.9. It's not necessary to get down to 115. As long as you're eating healthy and exercising, being within the range is good.

In brief: A bit over
At 5'6" and 160 lbs your bmi is 25.
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Muscular men's BMI may falsely suggest they are overweight because muscle is denser that fat. If you work-out & are quite muscular, this may be your situation.
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: 66 inches and 160lbs
You do not have a big problem, your bmi is 25.
8.You are slightly over weight and losing 5 lbs will bring you in the healthy range.So good luck and do it.

In brief: 66 inches and 160lbs
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Vicken Poochikian