If I have had frequent urination and if I get an ultrasound what problems could be determined that may have caused my symptoms?

In brief: Urinary retention

Ultrasound can help identify certain urological problems such as urinary retention, blockage of the kidneys, and kidney stones.
If the ultrasound is abnormal, further investigation is needed to identify the source of the problem.

In brief: Urinary retention

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz

In brief: See below

Ultrasound can eval size of kidneys.
Any renal stones. Hydronephrosis (enlarged ureter reflux can some times be seen. Your doc may order a voiding urethrogram to eval for reflux. Also check pelvis for female problems tumors obstruction etc.

In brief: See below

Ultrasound can eval size of kidneys.
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Peter Kurzweil