What to do if my tongue is swelling up due to allergy?

In brief: ER

Immediately go to the emergency room at the nearest hospital.
A swollen tongue can be life threatening.

In brief: ER

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Kimberly Ramsdell
I would recommend calling 911 immediately if your emergency room isn't across the street. Getting into a car when your airway can become more compromised can be life threatening and it might be safer to have EMS come to you. They carry medications, oxygen, and equipment that can treat in an emergency situation, which this definitely qualifies as!
Dr. William Jakavick
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: GO TO ER

Many allergies cause symptoms that are merely a nuisance, however allergic reactions can be very dangerous and even fatal if not treated.
If your tongue is swelling and you suspect it may be an allergic reaction you need to get it taken care of asap! please go now. I used to live in norristown and there is a hospital near you minutes away.

In brief: GO TO ER

Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. William Forsythe