What to do for the past 2 days i've gotten a bumpy red itchy rash all over my body. It only happens after my volleyball practice?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Cholinergic urticari

This is called cholinergic urticaria occurring during the cooling off period after a rise in core body temperature.
This can often be prevented by taking an antihistamine 1-2 hrs prior. This is not dangerous to your health and may go away after a few years.

In brief: Cholinergic urticari

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Pathology

In brief: Familiar problem

I suspect you have cholinergic urticaria.
If you're taking a new medication, stop it. In any case, phone your physician.

In brief: Familiar problem

Dr. Ryan Phasouk

In brief: Hives

It sounds as if you are having a dermatologic condition called urticaria.
Urticaria is the medical terminology for hives. It is the bodies response to a certain stimulus, such as an allergy. The body will release histamine in response to a stimulus and histamine causes redness, swelling and itching. Other triggers of urticaria can be cold/heat, exercise, medicines, or foods to name a few.

In brief: Hives

Dr. Ryan Phasouk
Dr. Ryan Phasouk