Infant fever 7 months old. It could be from teething. But do I do. And can I give him water and how much?

Dr. Jeff Jackson

In brief: Doubt teething

Historically teething has been blamed for many symptoms but in reality most infants cut teeth without significant consequence.
Fever greater than 100.5 is most likely related to a viral infection and could be treated with Motrin or tylenol (acetaminophen). If fever persists for more than 3 days or your baby has persistent inconsolable crying he should definitely be seen. 1-2 oz of water in a sippy cup is ok.

In brief: Doubt teething

Dr. Jeff Jackson
Dr. Jeff Jackson
Dr. Sander White
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Pediatrician

Have your pediatrician diagnose the fever source and i think that water is ok to the extent that the baby drinks it.

In brief: Pediatrician

Dr. Sander White
Dr. Sander White
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry

In brief: Fever

See pediatrician to negate any other possibilities of sickness when there is a fever.

In brief: Fever

Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine