Eczema or contact dermatitis, treatment?

Remove the irritant. Contact dermatitis is a straight forward issue of stopping the exposure. You also want to protect the skin with a good moisturizing lotion. Eczema is something that comes from an internal exposure like a food allergy that alters the immune system. You still want to stop the exposure, but it can be hard to find. Both conditions can be moderated with steroid creams and good lotions.
Skin Irritants. A list of the top culprits that trigger skin reactions, or contact dermatitis. Some cause symptoms like redness, itchy skin, or inflammation.Some are triggered by an individual's allergy (contact allergic dermatitis) while other chemicals affect everyone (contact irritant dermatitis). http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/dirty-dozen#1.