I cut my leg about 2" below my knee and got 7 stitches. Why is my ankle swelling every day and its all squishy also?

In brief: Get it checked out
Whenever there is an injury you will get swelling in the healing process.
Make sure there are no signs of infection. You should also be checked by your regular doc or podiatrist to evaluate the stitches and wound.

In brief: Get it checked out
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Dependent edema
Sorry to hear about the cut.
You probably haven't been using the leg as much as you usually do, and gravity has pulled fluid down around the ankle. When we move and contract our legs, it helps move fluid back up towards the heart. Unless you're having increased pain, discharge, or fever, i wouldn't worry about it. Once you start moving again, the ankle should go back to normal.

In brief: Dependent edema
Sorry to hear about the cut.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Also try keeping it elevated. Cheers!
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine