Depression. If I instead have bipolar disorder, what is a more effective treatment?

Depression versus BPD. I don't know what you're currently taking. I can only tell you what the approved treatments for bipolar depression are. They are, symbyax, (fluoxetine and olanzapine) seroquel xl and latuda, with the latter 2 being approved with or without lithium or depakote. Non approved medications that are often used include lithium, lamictal, wellbutrin with lithium or depakote, and antidepressants which can carry the risk of throwing the patient into mixed mood states, agitated depression, mania, or rapid cycling.Hope this helps and best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season.