Is it true that whoever says fluoride is good is mistaken?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz

In brief: Don't be paranoid

I was young when floride was put in the water. I drank lots of water since my grandfather told me to, pulling out his complete dentures to demonstrate the consequences of not.
I ate lots of candy and junk food and have no cavities at 58. My parents and older sibs all have lots of cavities and some needed partial dentures. I would not buy toothpaste without it as my current water is without floride.

In brief: Don't be paranoid

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Not true

Flouride is needed in the right amounts to protect and strengthen your teeth, but too much of it is harmful to you.
Just like some vitamins for example too much of them would be harmful to you as well.

In brief: Not true

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Fluoride helpful

Too much of anything is harmful.
In therapeutic amounts, however, are very helpful. Fluoridation of water supplies results in almost total elimination of cavities in growing children. Our family is "on" fluoride. Yours should be also.

In brief: Fluoride helpful

Too much of anything is harmful.
Dr. Andrew Killgore
Advocates of fluoridating water often state that there “thousands” of studies that prove fluoridation to be both safe and effective. In 2000, however, a systematic review of the literature commissioned by the British Government (“York Review”) found that, under current standards for what constitutes good medical evidence, there has not yet been a single high-quality study.
Dr. Adam Smith