Which is bigger factor for future heart disease--sedentary life or bad diet?

Trick question. They're of course both bad in regards to future risk of heart disease. It's not about choosing the lesser of two evils here - correct them both.
Interesting question. What are you planning? I'm not aware of any studies that have examined that exact question. My guess would be poor diet. It's like saying, "what is more likely to kill you: a bullet or a bomb?" if you asked, which is the biggest risk factor for future heart disease, i'd say smoking - hands down!
Neither. I believe that genetics is the biggest factor in heart disease development. Yes, the environmental factors are important---but your family hx is more important.