I'm wondering what is the difference between plaque, calculus and dental caries?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Plaque and caries

Dental plaque is a biofilm on your teeth.
Plaque that is not removed from the teeth turns into a substance called tartar or calculus. Dental caries, a pathological process of destruction of tooth structure by bacteria. Plaque can cause tooth decay by producing acids

In brief: Plaque and caries

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Nice. Concise.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: I could answer

I could answer that but i would feel more fulfilled and have more free time to help others, if i encourage you to google it for yourself.
The answers are readily available for your viewing pleasure.

In brief: I could answer

Dr. Arnon Rubin