Irritated, burning eyes red along lid and corner. Infection or allergy?

Blepharitis. Most likely cause is chronic blepharitis, a bacterial invasion of the tear glands in the lids. Hot compresses, regular cleaning of the lids and possibly antibiotics would help over the long term. Allergies usually cause itching rather than burning.
Blepharitis. Inflammation of the lids caused by primary skin problems, such as rosacea, or infection of the hair follicles by staph etc. May also be seen with dry eye syndrome.