What is better, lava maryland dental bridges or non lava maryland dental bridges?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: I recommend Lava

The Lava bridges can last a long time, if done properly, sometimes even decades.

In brief: I recommend Lava

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Neither

Dental implant is best.
I went to Maryland Dental School and was there during the development of this technique. It has been almost totally replaced with the treatment with dental implants. See the Prosthodontist for evaluation and options. MD bridges are no longer very conservative or long lasting compared to the implant. That said, I would opt for e-max or zirconia not lava or metal. Good Luck.

In brief: Neither

Dental implant is best.
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dentistry

In brief: Maryland bridge

The most common problem with maryland bridges is debunking of the bridge from the teeth.
Lava doesn't tend to bond well to the teeth. I would not choose lava as the material for a bridge. I would choose porcelain fused to metal or lithium dislocate (aka emax).

In brief: Maryland bridge

Dr. Kevin Nail
Dr. Kevin Nail
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dentistry

In brief: Lava Maryland bridge

The lava maryland bridge is made of ceramic material whereas the non-lava the wings of the bridges is composed non-precious metal, hence improved esthetic results would be achieved with all ceramic bridge (lava maryland bridge).

In brief: Lava Maryland bridge

Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dr. William Forsythe