Please help! tooth pain years after root canal?

In brief: Bummer

Root canals may fail over time by loosing their seal.
Another possibility is a cracked root. My advice would be to see an endodontist, root canal specialist to evaluate whether the tooth can be saved. 10 year on root canals is around 90%.

In brief: Bummer

Dr. Brian Langenfeld
Dr. Brian Langenfeld
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Dental implant

With the advent of the implant dentistry a root canal re-treatments are a thing of the past.
If the situation with the tooth is compromised, the dental implant becomes more predictable option. See your dentist for evaluation and dental implant placement if needed.

In brief: Dental implant

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Endodontist

Root canals can fail.
Tooth may be cracked. See your dentist of endodontist. Options are re-do root canal or extract tooth and replace with bridge or implant.

In brief: Endodontist

Root canals can fail.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine