1 doctor weighed in:

Went to the dentist and she didn't take x-rays, so could she have missed a cavity in between teeth?

1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry

In brief: Absolutely

In general, i inform my patients that my diagnosis of their oral condition is a roughly 40% clinical exam, 40% radiographic (x-ray) exam, 5% verbal and written history, 5% risk evaluation.
Yep, you noticed! that's only 90%! that means i'll never know the other 10%! that's made up of what you ate, bit into, whatever for last year, last decade ; before. If risk is low, annual x-rays aren't needed.

In brief: Absolutely

In general, i inform my patients that my diagnosis of their oral condition is a roughly 40% clinical exam, 40% radiographic (x-ray) exam, 5% verbal and written history, 5% risk evaluation.
Yep, you noticed! that's only 90%! that means i'll never know the other 10%! that's made up of what you ate, bit into, whatever for last year, last decade ; before. If risk is low, annual x-rays aren't needed.
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Board Certified, Obstetrics & Gynecology
16 years in practice
47M people helped
Continue
111,000 doctors available