Why do my teeth hurt whenever i eat chocolate?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Pain with chocolate

That usually indicates a cavity, broken filling, marginal breakdown around an existing filling or gum recession and exposed dentin or cementum. Better get it checked out before it gets worse.
I love chocolate, eat it all the time and do not have your symptoms.

In brief: Pain with chocolate

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Bacteria

The bacteria in your mouth break down the sugar in the chocolate and produce acid as a by-product.
The acid can irritate the nerve of the tooth in question if there is a cavity, broken filing, or crack. See a local dentist to check the tooth and restore it if necessary.

In brief: Bacteria

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Adam Smith