My teeth feel funny after root canal and funny chemical taste in my mouth, is this normal?

Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Yes and No

Many teeth feel "different" for a while after root canal therapy.
This may or may not resolve over time. It is always advised to monitor the tooth, usually at 6 months or a year. This can early detect potential problems. The bad taste can come from many sources, not always your tooth. One possibility is a temporary filling material dissolving in saliva. If there is a temp, get it replaced.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Not usual

Did you finish that root canal treatment? That could be the medication your dentist placed in the tooth between visits, or it could be from another filling that is disintegrating giving you the funny taste.
.

In brief: Not usual

.
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Marsha Davis