I have blood in my underwear, is this a sign of colonic polyps?

Dr. Richard Orr
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Could be
There are many reasons for blood in your underwear (you don't say if you are male or female - i'll address only the colorectal causes in this answer, but blood can come from the vagina, bladder, or penis, as well).
Bleeding from the anus or rectum can come from anal fissures, hemorrhoids, or irritation, but may be a symptom of polyps or cancer. Get it checked!

In brief: Could be
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Probably not
Blood present in your underwear is generally a sign of anorectal bleeding such as an anal fissure(tear) or hemorrhoids.
Any rectal bleeding should be evaluated and you should see your doctor.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery