I have to get rid of my food allergies! I love milk?

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Allergy Eval

Food allergy evaluation involves the taking of a careful history and performing a physical exam. If indicated skin testing and / or blood testing may be done to confirm or refute the patients history.
If there is still a question, an oral challenge can be done. If a true ige mediated food allergy to milk is diagnosed then the current standard of care is avoidance.

In brief: Allergy Eval

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Luis Matos
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Not very good news..

Almond milk, soy milk and rice milk may be options as long as you are not also allergic to those foods.
The fact that you crave milk is part of your milk allergy symptoms. Life can be cruel sometimes.

In brief: Not very good news..

Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Steven Machtinger

In brief: You may be lucky

Food allergy triggers gastrointestinal, skin, respiratory symptoms & shock.
Lactose intolerance triggers cramps, bloating, gas & diarrhea. Milk allergy affects 1-3% of the population, mostly children. Lactose intolerance affects at least 50% of all adults. Many of my patients mistake the latter for the former. Discuss your symptoms with your pcp or an allergist. Perhaps it's lactose intolerance?

In brief: You may be lucky

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Shontae Buffington