I feeling depressed again, but it feels like I can't tell my mom. What can I do?

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Tell another adult
It is important to share concerns with an adult you can trust.
A teacher, school nurse or minister/pastor /rabbi are also good choice people. Perhaps, your dad, a grandparent or aunt/uncle. One of the most important things to know about sad or anxious feelings is to share them with someone else.

In brief: Tell another adult
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: Getting help
I assume you are young and need your mother's permission to get help.
Consider confiding in a teacher or school counselor or relative and developing a strategy to discuss with your parent. You might also tell your mom that you don't feel well and want to see your pediatrician. Then you can explain your symptoms to him or her. Don't give up hope.

In brief: Getting help
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Talk with her
One of the worst aspects of depression is that it can rob you of coping skills you need to get help.
Depressed people are overly concerned about what others will think and may believe no one cares or can help. That's one of the reasons it often goes unrecognized. If you can't speak with her, talk to another trusted adult at school or to your pediatrician. Tell someone and get help you deserve.

In brief: Talk with her
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Eric Weisman