I cut my foot on a nail. What to do?

In brief: Seek treatment
If the cut broke the skin and creatied bleeding it needs to be cleaned well.
You need to make sure that your tetanus shots are up to date. If not you need to see a doctor for proper treatment.

In brief: Seek treatment
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Nail wound
Persons who have completed primary immunization against tetanus, and who sustain wounds which are minor and uncontaminated, should receive a booster dose of a tetanus toxoid-containing preparation only if they have not received tetanus toxoid within the preceding 10 years.
For tetanus prone wounds (eg, wounds contaminated with dirt, feces, soil, and saliva; it is 5 years.

In brief: Nail wound
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine