How to stop a snack attack?

Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: Have a snack.
If you're hungry, have a snack.
But...(1) have a healthy snack - fruits, vegetables, yogurt, brown rice. And (2) don't wait until you're starving to have your snack, as you'll eat anything you can get your hands on. Have a little snack when you become a little hungry in between meals. Don't wait to become ravenous before you decide to have a snack.

In brief: Have a snack.
If you're hungry, have a snack.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: Alternative activity
Studies have shown that the urge to snack usually disappears after about 10 min.
I would recommend some alternative activity once you recognize that you have the urge to snack. That might be exercise or working in the garden. It may be calling a friend and talking on the phone or listening to music. I would recommend doing something that you enjoy so that you can start to change triggers.

In brief: Alternative activity
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: Fruits and Vegetable
Fruits and vegetables.

In brief: Fruits and Vegetable
Fruits and vegetables.
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Dr. William Forsythe