Yesterday I went to a club and my ears are still ringing. Am I going deaf?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Hopefully not

Clearly your years were traumatized by the noise.
The tinnitus just indicates some damage but in most cases the ears will recover. The key thing for you to do is not obsess about the noise. The more you focus on it the more your brain will pay attention to it in the louder it will become. If it persists for more than a few days you should contact an ENT doctor.

In brief: Hopefully not

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Andrew Dutka
Neurology

In brief: Noise trauma

Exposure to excessive noise can cause permanent hearing damage.
The louder the noise, the shorter the amount of time you need to be exposed to have damage. Ringing in the ears after an exposure like a loud rock band is common, and does not mean you will lose hearing, and will usually go away after a few days. Wear ear plugs in the future.

In brief: Noise trauma

Dr. Andrew Dutka
Dr. Andrew Dutka
Dr. Eric Weisman