Does balloon sinuplasty really work by fracturing the tiny bones in the nose?

Dr. Nick Debnath
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

Balloon sinuplasty, in general, does work by gently dilating and fracturing the eggshell-thin bone surrounding the natural sinus openings.
Recovery time is shorter (1-3 days) with balloon sinuplasty than with traditional sinus surgery, and I do this procedure in-office with local anesthesia. Risks are very low but similar to any sinus procedure.

Dr. Nick Debnath
Dr. Nick Debnath
Dr. Alexander Gorup
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Yes indeed

I have been performing this procedure for six years.
Balloon sinuplasty relies on sending a sinus balloon catheter through the natural openings of the sinuses and inflating to significant pressure. As a surgeon, you see and feel the bony openings fracture and expand. It is truly revolutionary.

In brief: Yes indeed

Dr. Alexander Gorup
Dr. Alexander Gorup
Dr. Peter Kurzweil