1 day post op from double bunion and sesamoid dislocation surgery, and my foot is elevated and still have circulation issues. Is that normal? Edema?

In brief: Bunion surgery

I hope you don't have circulation issues.
Toes that are cold , dusky, blue in color, pain not relieved with meds can all be signs of circulation issues. See your surgeon for any questions.

In brief: Bunion surgery

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

Bunion surgery involves cutting bone which inevitably leads to post- operative swelling and pain.
Keep your feet elevated above your heart as much as u can. Usually the " circulation" to your feet is intact but the swelling (edema) may cause some numbness to your toes as it 'presses' in the nerve(s). Normal. If it worsens contact your surgeon. Best of luck!

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery