I am taking tramadol and naproxen for back stenosis the naproxen is ruining my stomach. Any suggestions about replacement. I want something stronger?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

Nsaids and tramadol may not be effective for your problem no matter which NSAID you try.
Consult an interventional pain specialist and consider targeted injections. Try to stay off of stronger narcotics.

In brief: See details

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Clifford Gevirtz
Celebrex has fewer GI effects than naprosyn, speak with your doctor.
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: NSAID family

Unfortunately, there is not really a "rating" for the nsaids, they all do the same thing--however, not every one will do it to the same extent in every person--talk to your dr and see if a prescription nsaid, particularly a once-daily form you could take at a meal--might work for you to help the tramadol work more effectively.
It may take a couple trials to find a better med for your situation.

In brief: NSAID family

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Eric Weisman