I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension. I checked my BP during a headache and it was 130/117. Is this normal. It's the diastolic that seems weird?

In brief: High BP

You are correct, the 117 is high.
However, a number of factors contribute to bp, and pain is one of them. When you are suffering with pain, especially severe pain, BP readings usually elevate. If you have no history of hypertension, you should take your BP at about the same time over multiple days and record it.Without a headache your BP should be normal.Then take BP with headache and compare.

In brief: High BP

You are correct, the 117 is high.
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology