I can't get in my hernia doctor until friday and the pain is to the point i need answers. Pain is at 9.5, had surgery with mesh last week.

Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See a doctor

If you have 9.5 pain after surgery and can't see your doctor, then you need to go to an emergency room. However, i would think your surgeon would want to squeeze you in to his schedule with that level of pain.

In brief: See a doctor

In brief: Get it checked

If the pain is severe, more than you believe is appropriate for this stage of your healing or associated with any other symptoms like fever, constipation, shortness of breath or travels away from the site of surgery (to your back, buttocks, groin, chest or down your legs) then it would be a good idea to get checked at your nearest urgent care or emergency room.

In brief: Get it checked

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery