What should I do when I get suicide thoughts just a little bit but not seriously?

Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: See your doctor asap

If you have suicidal thoughts, go to the emergency room or call your doctor immediately (day or night).
Less desirable but also good is to call a hotline or talk with family or a close, responsible, mature friend.

In brief: See your doctor asap

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Take it as a red

Flag. That means that something isn't right.
If you have significant suicidal thoughts then get seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you or call 911 for emergency services for transport. You can call the national suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support. Encourage you to figure out what is prompting.

In brief: Take it as a red

these thoughts. Have you considering seeing a psychologist to help sort this out?
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine