What is the usual recovery time for bypass heart surgery?

Physically, 6 weeks. Assuming no complications, patients can be discharged within a few days after surgery. The surgical wounds heal within a couple of weeks. If a sternotomy was used, the bones may not be at full strength until about 6 weeks. Soreness with range of motion may persist a bit after that, but cardiac & physical rehabilitation will sort all of that out. Complications obviously may add time to healing.
Recovery time varies. Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, smoker or not, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care. Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.
2 months. The average patient spends 4-5 days in the hospital. When you go home you are able to walk in the hallway and climb a flight of stairs. After some physical therapy either at home or as an outpatient, the recovery should be complete for the typical patient after 8 weeks. Some people recover more quickly and others take longer.