I have itchy sore dry scalp and i've tried all types of oils, greases, shampoos. How can I fix this problem? My hair is a buzz cut.

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Itchy Scalp

"itchy scalp can be a frustrating problem. There are several things which can cause it.
Dandruff is the most common. Dandruff is caused by overgrowth of yeast on your scalp. The yeast triggers inflammation and itching. It usually causes flaking, but not always. When the scalp is red and flaky from dandruff we often call it seborrheic dermatitis, but the cause is the same. Try clobetasol soln.

In brief: Itchy Scalp