What can I do for my upper back pain under the right shoulder blade?

Dr. Charles Metzger
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Stretch + injection

This is something i see commonly.
It can be caused by several conditions, but usually responds to a simple stretching and exercise program and nsaids like Motrin taken regularly for a couple weeks. If it persists, cortisone injection in the area of pain can be very helpful. This condition almost always resolved, but can take a frustratingly long time to do so!

In brief: Stretch + injection

This is something i see commonly.
Dr. Charles Metzger
Dr. Charles Metzger
Dr. Paul Slosar
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Massage therapy

If it is not severe try massage.
If it is more painful then ask your doctor for physical therapy or consider a chirpractor if you know a trustworthy one. If it persists, it may be a sign of a disc problem in your neck and an MRI may be needed.

In brief: Massage therapy

If it is not severe try massage.
Dr. Paul Slosar
Dr. Paul Slosar