Scaly, itchy rashes at ankle that turn brownish- fungal/bacterial infection?

Rash. It would be nice to see what you are asking about , but usually itching indicates fungus. Your best course of action is to see a podiatrist who will assess what you have . Good luck.
Sounds like eczema. A scaly rash of the ankles is probably eczema, but if there is scaling on the feet (especially between toes), it could be fungal. Examination of the scale would prove if it is fungal, and treatment directed from that point. You could try over the counter 1% Hydrocortisone and a moisturizer. If this does not work, consult a dermatologist. Inflammation usually turns brown when it is resolving.