43yo female just diagnosis with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy via echo. How are the severity rated? I have sob, edema, heart pain, fatigue

Important diagnosis. It is important to know whether you have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a genetic disease of the heart, or you have ventricular hypertrophy from another cause. In some patients, this is a difficult determination, but it has important implications for therapy. Be sure that your cardiology team has special expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of hcm.