The common signs that a person is about to have a heart attack, before it happens?

None really. Remember a heart attack is an occlusion of a coronary artery and doesn't mean cardiac arrest. If you develop sudden crushing chest pain not relieved with rest you may be having a heart attack. Seek urgent medical attention.
Variable. The classic chest pain going to the left arm does occur, but significant numbers of patients (25-40%) may have no warning at all. Pain in the abdomen, jaw, shoulders, neck, teeth, or just nausea may be presenting symptoms. Effort related symptoms as described may be harbingers of a heart attack. Compounding the problem is that women may present differently, with breathlessness common.