Is it easy to follow a gluten free diet?

In Theory. In theory yes, but in practice it is harder because so much of our current american food contains gluten in some form. Rice, potatoes, fruit vegetables, and meat are all permitted. You have to read labels closely because sometimes gluten can be added as fillers in things like hot dogs.
Easier every day. It has become quite mainstream. Most grocery stores and even the discount super centers have quite a nice selection of products you can try, from pastas, breads, chips, pretzels:the stuff you tend to miss when going "gluten free". There is really everytihng you can think of being produced "sans the gluten. Good luck!
Yes. It is easy to follow a gluten-free diet if one buys natural foods and does his own cooking. It is harder if one wants to buy processed foods because most processed foods have many ingredients, some of which contain gluten. Buying specially-made gluten-free processed foods is more expensive, and sometimes hard to find in stores.