What should I do if my baby bites while breastfeeding?

Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: It's OK to pull away

Your baby will constantly try new things, including biting, just because she can or wants to see what happens.
The best thing to do is say no gently and pull away. She will quickly learn that biting is not tolerated.

In brief: It's OK to pull away

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Julia Sundel

In brief: Stop

Your baby may bite for a few reasons.
Your baby may be hungry. So, it is best to feed your baby more frequently. It may be due to teething if your baby bites at the end of a feeding. You can give the baby something cold to bite on before the feeding. You can also remove from the breast immediately and firmly say “no”. Wait a few minutes and repeat if necessary.

In brief: Stop

Your baby may bite for a few reasons.
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Julia Sundel
Dr. Adam Levy