How likely are irregular heart beats and increased anxiety from taking lexapro (escitalopram)? I'm very anxious/depressed I need it but scared of those side effects

Try it. Koala, if your anxiety and depression symptoms are very severe, you need treatment. Many times anxious patients are afraid to take medications because of the side effects. Work with your doctor to develop a plan to slowly titrate the dose up so that your side effects will be minimal. Best wishes, pamela svendsen, md.
Side effects. Discuss with your doctor. Those are not prominent effects but can happen.